We have been fortuitous to have traveled to extra than 75 nations around the world in our eight a long time on our planet. Due to the fact we live to try to eat, instead than consume to dwell, experiencing the extraordinary food in every was as important to us as assembly the persons and seeing the web pages.
Our travels encouraged Fran to experiment with international recipes in our kitchen area dependent on the foods we liked in the numerous spots we frequented. Now, it is our enjoyment to share these nutritious, higher-flavor dishes with you, and they are all full-foodstuff plant-based.
We spent nine winters in Chiang Mai, Thailand in which we could wander to at minimum 30 different vegan eating places. Just one was owned by an amazing Thai chef who shared his distinctive curry recipe with me.
Tamarind Massaman Curry From Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 1/2 cup tamarind sauce (located in Asian grocery merchants)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 or 2 teaspoon massaman curry paste (also from Asian grocery)
- Bite-dimensions pieces of onion, more organization tofu, shiitake or child Bella mushrooms, pineapple, potatoes, and roasted peanuts.
- Mix tamarind sauce, brown sugar, and tamari and simmer. Then insert the coconut milk and curry paste. Mix nicely.
- Increase remaining substances and simmer, stirring often until eventually potatoes are tender.
- For these who like their curry spicier, insert some Sriracha sauce.
- Serve in excess of brown rice or rice noodles.
Spicy Morrocan Lentil Soup From Casablana, Morroco
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 5 or 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cups green lentils
- 2 Yukon potatoes diced
- 1/2 cups whole wheat orzo pasta
- Saute onion in a tiny drinking water or veg broth.
- Include carrots, ginger, garlic, curry powder, and garam masala. Saute for a moment or two. Increase veggie broth, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Combine nicely. Increase lentils. Address pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Include orzo in the final 5 minutes.
Easy Enchiladas From Oaxoca, Mexico
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup vegan fats-free refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup chopped refreshing spinach
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 6-8 tortillas
- 1 can pink enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Area all substances apart from tortillas and enchilada sauce in a mixing bowl and blend perfectly.
- Spoon a generous portion on every tortilla, roll, and put seam aspect down in a glass baking pan.
- Prime with spicy enchilada sauce, cover, and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
We hope you enjoy these healthy delectable dinners from close to the earth as considerably as we do. Let us hear from you.
Master extra about Bob and Fran German, additionally obtain a variety of cost-free videos at their Healthy-Growing older Guidance YouTube channel below.