Bombay Club, a energy dining staple downtown for more than three decades, reopened Monday, August 2, with a wholly revamped style and a dozen new dishes to go together with ideal-sellers like tandoori salmon, hen tikka, and thali combos served on silver platters. New starters from chef Nilesh Singhvi involve crab kori roti, fish in a banana leaf, and dahi puri chaat. Other additions include a complete goat leg for two and halibut environmentally friendly korma with coconut and green pepper. “I want to preserve Bombay what it has been for 30-furthermore a long time, then set new vitality in below and do it correct,” states proprietor Ashok Bajaj of his primary D.C. cafe. Aside from a significant bronze chandelier hovering around the 94-seat eating area, “everything you’re looking at is all new,” he claims. London-primarily based ARA Design and style spruced up the house with original art depicting conventional Indian dance moves, jewel-toned seating at the bar, and one-of-a-variety wallpaper in the non-public dining place.
In other news…
- Neapolitan pizza shop Pupatella just raised $7.5 million to open as several as 15 extra spots about the subsequent several several years throughout the DMV and further than. Up following: West Springfield and Fairfax (Mosaic) and its very first locale in Maryland.
- The Mendelsohn family’s We, the Pizza is planting 50-seat “express” outpost at the floor flooring of the Ellington condominium creating at 1301 U Avenue NW, per an ABRA submitting.
- CitiOpen’s initially-time food truck tour is rolling around city to fall off dishes ready by some distinguished D.C. cooks. The cellular kitchen is at Union Sector today for lunch from John Mooney (Bidwell) and Mexican popsicle shop Paletas. It parks at the Citi Open up web page at Rock Creek Park Tennis Center with Jassi Bindra (Punjab Grill) and Paletas on Wednesday, August 4.
- And Rafael Nadal of Spain — the global tennis star set to play in the event on Wednesday, August 4 — was noticed at Georgetown’s Fiola Mare and Levain Bakery above the weekend, per social media posts.
- In other celebrity sightings news, comedian Dave Chappelle tore up D.C. immediately after his Anthem functionality on Friday, July 30, boozing with former D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty at West End’s Casta’s Rum Bar, singing at Heist’s Kennedy Center pop-up, and searching at Maketto.
- Tuesday content hour notify: locate $5 cans from Boulevard Brewing at The Sport (6 p.m. to 9 p.m.) and rum tastings from Filipino model Kasama at Barkada (5 p.m. to 7 p.m.) and Purple Patch (7 p.m. to 9 p.m.).